Shard Financial Media is actively and continuously monitoring the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak, in line with local and national authorities and public health advice and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines, our policies reflect those of the country authority in which our events take place.
Unless otherwise advised, our events are taking place as scheduled.
Our current status with regard to the COVID-19 virus remains unchanged: the health and safety of our exhibitors, visitors and staff is our number one priority.
We strongly urge our exhibitors and visitors to refer to the guidelines and protocols as suggested by the WHO www.who.int and local /national public health authorities to contain and mitigate against any further spread of the virus.
If you have any concerns that you may get caught up in an inbound or outbound quarantine, or are feeling unwell, you may want to reconsider your attendance at the event.
As a precaution we are introducing new measures to increase the safety of all our event attendees.
What we are doing to protect you
- Hand sanitisers will now be provided at the registration desk at the events, in addition to hand sanitation already installed in all toilets and washrooms
- There will be a no handshake policy
- We are increasing the frequency with which our sanitary facilities are disinfected
- We will be monitoring our attendee list to check where people are travelling from.
- We ask that anyone who has visited an area deemed unsafe by UK government to provide evidence that they arrived in the UK more than 14 days before the first day of the event
- We kindly ask you not to attend our events if you have recently travelled to any of the areas deemed unsafe and have returned to the UK less than 14 days ago and to provide evidence
- We will be Implementing a microphone and glass disinfecting protocol for all speaker sessions
- We will help any person find medical attention onsite to deal with potential symptoms
For further information about current UK government advice please visit: www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public
What you can do to protect yourself
The World Health Organisation’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows:
- Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw tissue away immediately and wash hands
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider
- If you feel unwell and believe you may be at risk, you should self-isolate and call NHS 111 For further information please contact Event Manager
Read the statement from the event venue, The QEII
Read the statement from the event venue, The Leonardo Tower Bridge Hotel
Read the statement from the event venue Roux at Parliament Square