Solely bringing together industry lenders and brokers
This exclusive forum is a key opportunity for senior policy makers at specialist motor finance brokers and the lenders that provide their funding facilities, to jointly discuss the regulatory landscape and explore initiatives to modernise the industry and stay ahead of expectations.
The broker origination channel continues to grow in significance for both major and smaller independent lenders, and the relationship between the parties must develop further to ensure that delivery of products results in an improvement in customer outcomes whilst maintaining profitability.
The agenda will focus solely on the issues facing the partnership between brokers and lenders, considering how the FCA and other regulation can be effectively managed, particularly in light of the clear directive to protect customers from potential harm.
Our industry has an opportunity to take the lead by improving both professionalism and communication. By bringing the key organisations together, alongside the regulatory bodies and selected technology and business consultants much progress can be achieved.
Included within your pass is access to a private networking dinner which will be held on the evening of the forum. To book please click here.
9.30: Welcome and opening addresses
9.45: FCA motor finance update
- Update on the FCA’s motor finance review
10.00: Panel: FCA motor finance update
- Chance for the audience to ask industry experts the opinions on the FCA address
- What the review means for your business
- Areas for the industry to improve
10.30: Addressing the FCA concerns part 1
- Commission and Revenue models
- What work lenders and brokers have done on addressing the FCA concerns on DIC
- The link between credit risk and commission reward
11.30: Morning break
11.45: Improving the efficiency of relationships between brokers and lenders
- An opportunity to discuss how both can work more closely together
- Relationship management
- MI reporting
- Bad debt reporting
12.20: Lunch break
13.00: Update on the role of The Financial Ombudsman Service
- What is their curent role in vehicle and motor finance complaints.
- How they are approaching the motor finance landscape
- Charge structure
- Experience of current dealings with FOS
Mark Lloyd, DSG Finance
13.15: Financial Ombudsman panel
- A panel of car finance lenders and brokers discuss their concerns
- FOS’ range of responsibility
- Challenges for FOS managing vehicle issues
- Working with FOS for better customer outcomes
14.00: Addressing the FCA concerns part 2
- Focussing on affordability in the motor finance market
- How can brokers and lenders use Open Banking to better solve the issue
- By which party and at what point in the process are affordability checks made
15.00: Developing your brokerage
- Ideas for how a broker can grow and improve their business.
- Starting a lending book
- M&A activity
- Investment processes
15.15: Afternoon break
15.45: Open forum
- Closing panel to summarise the day
- Ask all your questions to a mixed panel of motor finance experts
- Key messages to take home from the day
16.45: Closing speeches
17.00: Conference close
The forum will be followed by a private networking dinner at 19.00
Taking place on the evening of the forum, the Car Finance Regulation & Development Dinner will provide unique private networking opportunities with industry leaders.
Tickets to the dinner are included within your forum pass. To book please click here.
Dress code is smart - jacket and tie
Further details on the dinner will be sent to you upon your confirmed registration.
The Midland Hotel, 16 Peter St, Manchester, M60 2DS
For futher information please contact our events team or call 020 7940 4840
Tickets to the forum and dinner cost £425 + VAT.
This is predominantly a paid-for invitational event for brokers and lenders, however access may be granted based on a criteria check. Please note when you submit the registration form below you will have to wait for approval. Confirmation of booking will be sent to your email within five working days.
If you have any questions or queries please contact us.